A whole lot of travel + ADVENTURE brought to you with a healthy dose of newborns, product shoots, & family sessions. I am a lifestyle photographer that searches for the untold beauty.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A typical day with London

A few months ago, I put this on my personal blog.
I usually don't put personal stuff on my photography blog.
But, thought I would share this.
From the eyes of this (me) mommy.

I always knew I wanted to be a stay at home mom.
Nevertheless, making the decision to quit teaching 1st grade when I got pregnant
 was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.
Even for the first few months of London's life, I still didn't know if I made the right decision.
Looking back now, I realize I was going through a hard adjustment.
I now know that I made the right decision, 100%...
Don't get me wrong, there are still days where I want to pack up & go teach...
or, go out & do something just for me.
But, then I realize, I am doing my best teaching right at home.
My whole life, career, & journeys have led me up to this point...
this season of my life.  
The season of motherhood.
There really is no greater calling.
I have had joys far greater than ever before as I watch, rear, love, & teach London.
I never knew I could love so deeply...so purely.
I just know I am going to blink & she'll already be 16.
I want to cherish & remember every little detail...every little moment with her.
London is at such a B U S Y stage in her life right now.
She wears me right out I tell ya.
But, I wouldn't change it for the world.
Taking a day to follow her around with the camera is just my little way of remembering the details.
No props, no fancy clothes, no headbands... just my little girl.
This is how we spend most of our days at home
& I am l e a r n i n g to love it
& just be contempt with my season.

Good morning, good morning, how are you today?
This is what I sing to her every morning when I go in her room.
 The first thing this girl does when we walk in...hands us her blankey.
 Next thing...escaping naked while getting her bum changed.
The books... always have her attention.  
They are the first thing she wants when she wakes up.
 Then, it's downstairs for some breakfast.
Lately, she has to close every door/baby-gate/cupboard that's open. 
P.S... We don't get dressed-up fancy unless we are going out of the house.
 As soon as she see's her bottle...
She is done for.
Crying like a crazy women until she gets it.
Big tears.
 Reading a book while mommy makes the morning smoothie.
Naughty in the making.... We have a routine that she gets to sit on the table 
& drink a smoothie with mom.  I hope I don't regret this decision (table sitting) in the future.  
I can't help it. She loves it up there.  
Smoothie Mustache. 
 Then it's off to play with her favorite toys (including household items).
One of the silliest things...
This girl is obsessed with sneaking into the office & grabbing 
The Secret Garden book...
I don't know what it is about that book, but once she has it in her hands... 
she's off & running.
And, of course, we always have a healthy dose of pestering Dot.
She's obsessed with getting into Dot's kennel.
It makes Dot a little nervous...
This, right here, is London's paradise.
She would sit in her rocking chair, blanket in hand, & read all day if I let her.
Whenever she gets tired, she just lays around..
I think she spotted herself in the mirror.
On a side note, when changing her diaper, she usually escapes before I can put pants back on her...
hence why sometimes, she's only in a diaper.
Bright eyed & cheery after her morning nap.
First thing she wants....her books.
Escaping naked once again for the books.
A little lunch...
Probably her favorite thing to do...
Play on mom & dad's bed.
I set the camera on timer.
I wanted to get a few of me & her playing on the bed.
Since it's her favorite.
I'm pretty sure this girl has the cutest profile around.
A small tantrum.
A little more door shutting. 
Watching Dot go potty.
A little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Her absolute favorite.
She walks around with the remote & says, "Eeska." 
Which is her way of saying Mickey Mouse.
In the afternoon, I try to do at least an art & a manipulative center for her. 
Today, happened to be drawing on her chalkboard
& playing with empty play-doh containers & lids.
(the perks of being a former 1st grade teacher...
you gather lots of random things that surprisingly, kids love.)
Once again, it's nap time.
Happy girl after her afternoon nap.
Dinner.
We went on a little date & grabbed some take-out from A&W.
We usually try & eat pretty healthy.... B U T...
It's been a long week with no daddy & we needed to get out for a minute.
She's getting pretty good at using a spoon.
However, she's a M E S S when she's through. 
Bubble bath time. 
Getting ready for bed.
She wants to wear her Mickey Mouse jammies on a 24-7 basis..
The minute she spots them, she tries to put them on.
I opted out, & went for a warmer pair of jammies.  
She only likes to touch this particular outlet...
gives me a panic attack everytime...
I keep thinking she's not going to be lucky every time....
(I always stop her. I promise I'm a good parent.)
To end our mommy-daughter date,
we watched a short princess movie on the bed.
The blue blanket is daddy's old baby blanket.
We found it in my Cedar Chest about a week ago, 
& now it's her favorite one.
Then, 
Bedtime.
 8:00 exactly.
It's a good thing she goes to bed early.
By 8:00, I am exhausted.
I love her so much. To the moon. To the heavens.
Thanks for being my little girl London &
teaching me how to be a patient & loving mommy.

1 comment:

  1. I adored this post. I love all the sweet, daily activities. I know I will be sad when these little ones are over. Love that you have them all documented to remember forever. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and love these sweet moments!

    ReplyDelete